Connect Attentive with Gorgias to enable your customer support team to directly answer customers' text message responses. With this integration, all messages received from a customer through SMS are forwarded to your customer support team queue in Gorgias.
|Important! If you've already set up the Gorgias integration, we are releasing a mandatory update to resolve an issue. To prepare for this update, please view Attentive integration update for detailed instructions.
The update will be released for users automatically, you cannot opt-out of this update. The changes will take effect on Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 4PM ET (US Eastern time).
Here's what we cover in this guide:
- How to collect information from Gorgias
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
- How to test the integration
Here's what we don't cover in this guide:
- How to set up a Gorgias account
- How to set up an Attentive account
Before you set up this integration, make sure you have enough availability for the integration count. In Gorgias, Attentive requires space for two integrations.
Step 1. Collect Gorgias information
Log in to your Gorgias account and complete the following steps to retrieve the relevant information for the integration:
- Click the three vertical dots in the sidebar and then select Settings.
- Click REST API.
- Copy and save the Base API URL, Username, and Password.
After collecting the Base API URL, Username, and Password, complete the following procedure to set up the integration.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integration setup page and select Gorgias.
- Enter the following details that you previously collected in the Collect Gorgias information section:
- User Email—The Username in Gorgias.
- API token—The Password in Gorgias.
- Domain Name—The domain of the Base API URL in Gorgias. As an example, if the Base API URL is
https://attentivemobile.gorgias.io/api/, the domain name is
- (Optional) Edit the Support Confirmation setting. By default, this setting is enabled (toggled on) and includes a default keyword and messages for the following fields:
- Click Set up integration. Your Gorgias account is now connected to Attentive.
Step 3. Test the integration
Your SMS program must be launched before this integration can start sending messages and before one can test the integration. After your SMS program is launched and if you just set up the integration, wait approximately ten minutes to allow for the settings in both systems to synchronize. Then, complete the following procedure to test the integration:
- Send a text message to your dedicated number.
- Verify that you received the auto response.
- (Optional) If the Support Confirmation setting is enabled (see details in Step 2), reply to the text with the keyword (for example,
- Log in to Gorgias and confirm that a ticket was created.
- Reply to the ticket in Gorgias.
- Confirm that you receive the Gorgias response as a text message.
See the following video to view a walkthrough of using the Attentive + Gorgias integration.
You can also view the SMS integration - Attentive article in the Gorgias Help Center for more information.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Gorgias integration.