You can connect Attentive with Shopify to enable a variety of features that can grow your list of SMS subscribers. With this integration, you can:
- Send transactional journeys to subscribers to alert them about the status of their order or subscription.
- Create Shopify segments to target a specific set of subscribers using customer data and lifetime purchase data.
- Set up discount codes so that you can dynamically replenish your Shopify codes when they run out.
- Synchronize historical and real-time SMS subscribers so that when subscribers opt-in through the Attentive sign-up unit, that data is sent to your Shopify account.
Attentive’s tag is automatically installed on your Shopify website as part of the integration setup process. Attentive’s tag allows your sign-up units to be displayed and observes important data on your site that powers various parts of your SMS program, such as product views, cart adds, and purchases.
Here's what we cover in this guide:
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
- How to verify Attentive’s tag on your Shopify website
- How to edit your Shopify integration
Here's what we don't cover in this guide:
- How to set up a Shopify account
- How to set up an Attentive account
Set up the integration in Attentive
Complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integration setup page and select Shopify. The Shopify Learn More page appears.
- Click Get Started to enter your integration information on the setup page.
- Enter your Shopify Shop URL. For example, siren-denim.myshopify.com.
- (Optional) Edit the following settings:
- Collect Marketing Subscribers at Checkout—When enabled, historical and real-time Attentive SMS subscriber opt-ins are sent to Shopify.
- Ingest Transactional Events—When enabled, Attentive can see transactional events, like completing a purchase, and send transactional messages to subscribers (see Set up transactional messages for Shopify for more details). By default, this setting is disabled.
- Sync Product Data—Create targeted segments based on your Shopify product data. By default, this setting is enabled.
- Forward emails—Forward email addresses collected by Attentive to your Shopify account. By default, this setting is disabled.
- Sync Customer Data—Create targeted segments based on your Shopify customer data. This is required in order to sync past purchases. By default, this setting is enabled.
- Sync Past Purchases—Create targeted segments based on your Shopify purchase data. By default, this setting is enabled.
- Click Set up integration. You are redirected to your Shopify store and there is a request to install the Attentive app. Note that permissions are preset with the public app.
- Click Install app. You are redirected to Attentive and your Shopify store is now connected.
Verify tag installation
You can visit your Shopify website and if the tag is implemented correctly, you will see several network requests including https://cdn.attn.tv/attn.js
Additionally, you can navigate to your cart or checkout pages to make sure the behavior in the previous step appears on all pages of the customer journey.
Edit your Shopify integration
Complete the following procedure to edit the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integration setup page and select Shopify in the Your Apps section. The Shopify Learn More page appears.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Edit the Shop URL. Note that updating your Shop URL will disconnect your current shop and remove all of its segments, journeys and offers.
- Edit the following settings:
- Collect Marketing Subscribers at Checkout
- Ingest Transactional Events
- Sync Product Data
- Forward emails
- Sync Customer Data
- Click Edit segmentation to Edit Shopify customer data segments.
- Sync Past Purchases
- Click Save Changes. Your Shopify integration is updated and it takes about 10 minutes to reflect in the platform.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + Shopify integration.