You can upload a list of subscribers from other marketing platforms into Attentive using the segment builder. A manual segment is a static list that doesn't update dynamically. Think of manual segments as a "snap shot" of subscribers, e.g., I want to target VIPs as of June 30, 2021. You build your list once and upload it as a CSV file.
Tip! Prepare your CSV file before you begin this procedure. See how here.
Upload a segment
To upload a segment:
- Click Segments in the left navigation bar.
- To create a new manual segment, click the Create segment button.
- Select Manually uploaded segment for the segment type, and then click Create.
- Fill in the required fields: Name and Description of the segment.
Note: Hover over the tooltip icon to access the format guide for uploading a manual segment subscriber list using a .CSV file.
- Click Upload to add your .CSV file to the segment. A success message appears once the process is complete.
- Your segment syncs until the segment size and match rate are determined. Refresh the page manually to check if syncing is complete.
Upload a CSV file to an existing segment
Follow this procedure to add more subscribers to an existing segment:
- Click the three dots next to the segment name and select Upload .CSV.
- Click Upload and locate your CSV file.
- Click Update Segment to add the list of subscribers to the existing segment.
- A success message appears when the segment is updated.