With this integration, you can pass email addresses collected through the Attentive sign-up unit to the mParticle platform in near real-time. This enables you to connect your customer data platform to Attentive.
Here’s what we cover in this guide:
- What information to collect from mParticle
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
Here’s what we don’t cover in this guide:
- How to set up a mParticle account
- How to set up an Attentive account
Step 1. Collect mParticle information
To connect your mParticle account with Attentive, you must generate an API Key and API Secret for the integration. As mentioned in the mParticle documentation, you must contact your account representative or contact their customer support team to arrange for a Client ID (API Key) and Secret.
See mParticle’s developer documentation for more details.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integration setup page and select mParticle.
- Note: If you do not see mParticle as an option on the integration setup page, contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter the following details:
- Click the Environment drop-down list and select one of the following options:
- Development—Select this option if you’re testing the integration.
- Production—Select this option if you completed testing and the integration is ready to go live.
- (Optional) Edit the Customer Data forwarding HTTP Processor setting. By default, this setting is enabled, which forwards email addresses collected by Attentive to mParticle. This captures events, such as when a subscriber clicks on a link, the message receipt, and more.
- (Optional) Edit the Customer Data forwarding HTTP Adapter setting. By default, this setting is enabled, which forwards email addresses collected by Attentive to mParticle. This captures events, such as opt-ins, email addresses, and more.
- Click Set up integration. Your mParticle account is now connected to Attentive.
Supported event types
View the list of Supported Event Types that can be sent to mParticle as Custom Events. This includes a list of event attributes, user attributes, and user identities.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + mParticle integration.