You can manage custom attributes, which can be used in segmenting your subscribers. Note that you can also manage your custom attributes programmatically through the Custom Attributes API.
Complete the following steps to manage custom attributes in the Attentive platform:
- Go to Settings > Custom Attributes. The Custom attributes screen appears.
- Click +Create custom attribute. The Create new custom attribute box appears.
- Type a category name in the Category field. The category is the general type of information you want to collect, e.g., “Favorite color” or “Style preference.”
- Type the Value options in the fields below.
- Click Create Attribute when done.
- This new attribute will appear in the Segment builder on the Choose characteristics menu.