What are Klaviyo Email events?
Once a client has set up the Klaviyo integration within Attentive, we will collect events when a subscriber receives, opens, or clicks on an email sent via Klaviyo.
What Klaviyo features do we support in Journeys today?
- Trigger a journey when a subscriber receives/opens/clicks an email
- Branch within a journey based on if a subscriber has received/opened/clicked an email a specified number of times within a specified timeframe
What can I do with these features?
This allows clients to orchestrate their journeys across multiple platforms—email and SMS—to create a unified customer experience. Some examples include:
- Targeting subscribers who did not interact with an email via SMS
- Withhold SMS messages to subscribers who interacted with an email
- Sending different text message to subscribers based on their email interactions
- Following up to subscribers with an SMS based on their engagement with email
Can clients filter for interactions with a specific email(s) in this branching?
Not today. Triggering and branching on Klaviyo email interaction will account for interactions with any/all emails.
However we are playing to roll out future enhancements, like filtering to a specific email, based on your feedback during the beta.
Are Klaviyo Events collected in real time?
No. There is currently a delay when we collect email events for our clients. Delays are longer clients who send a higher volume of emails.
As such, you can expect that Klaviyo branches and triggers are not reflective of “real time” email activity.
Your client strategy manager will be in touch with more details about these delays and our best practices. We are actively working on reducing these delays, and will communicate with you/clients as we make progress.
Given these delays, what use cases may not behave as expected?
Branching on email receipt/open/click if the “lookback” window will be shorter than the wait step before the branch.
For example, having a 60 min cart abandoner with a branch on whether a subscriber opened an email within the last 30 minutes may be risky if the email delay is longer than that.