With this integration, you can pass email addresses collected through the Attentive sign-up unit to ActiveCampaign.
Here’s what we cover in this guide:
- What information to collect from ActiveCampaign
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
Here’s what we don’t cover in this guide:
- How to set up a ActiveCampaign account
- How to set up an Attentive account
Step 1. Collect ActiveCampaign information
Log in to your ActiveCampaign account and collect the following information:
- API Key—Complete the steps outlined in How to obtain your ActiveCampaign API URL and Key and save your unique API Key.
- Account Name—This is the company name you provided to ActiveCampaign as your account name. See What is my account name for details.
- List ID—Find the ID of the list for which you want Attentive to add contacts. To locate your list ID, click Lists in the left-side navigation menu. Then, click the list name. The URL bar displays your list ID, as shown in the following image.
- Tag ID—Tags allow you to identify automations and see where contacts are coming from. It is recommended to create an Attentive tag (see Managing Tags with the Tag Manager) so that you can see how many contacts were added through the Attentive sign-up unit. To find the tag ID, locate its numerical rank within the list. The item at the top of the list is 1, the item directly below is 2, and so on. For example, if you are using the tag “Apple” as shown in the following image, the ID is 4 because it is the fourth tag in the list.
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select ActiveCampaign.
- Enter the following details that you collected in Step 1:
- API Key
- Account Name
- (Optional) List ID
- (Optional)Tag ID
- (Optional) Enter the Timestamp Key. This allows you to set up a numerical key so that Attentive can send the timestamp for when a user subscribes. This field maps to a custom contact field in ActiveCampaign.
- Edit the Forward Phone Number setting. By default, this setting is enabled so that you can receive phone numbers of subscribers in the ActiveCampaign platform.
- Click Set up integration. Your ActiveCampaign account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) to ask about the Attentive + ActiveCampaign integration.