With this integration, you can leverage Attentive for email and phone number capture collected through the Attentive sign-up unit and pass this information to the Omnisend platform.
Here’s what we cover in this guide:
- What information to collect from Omnisend
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
Here’s what we don’t cover in this guide:
- How to set up a Omnisend account
- How to set up an Attentive account
Step 1. Collect Omnisend information
Log in to your Omnisend account and generate an API key specifically for the Attentive connection.
Important! When you generate the API key, you must configure the key with custom permissions. On the Edit API Key page, select the following:
- I want to set up custom permissions for this API key
- Contacts in the Permissions section
Step 2. Set up the integration in Attentive
Now, complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Omnisend.
- Enter the API Key that you generated in Step 1.
- (Optional) Edit the following settings (by default these are disabled):
- Forward opt-outs—Enable this setting to receive opt-out data (email and phone) about users to your Omnisend account.
- Trigger email send—Enable this setting to send an automated email (such as a Welcome Email) to subscribers when they opt-in to email. Note that the Welcome Email automation must be set up in your Omnisend account.
- Forward phones—Enable this setting to send a subscriber’s phone number to your Omnisend account.
- (Optional) Contact our White Glove team (email@example.com) if you’d like Forward emails to be disabled. By default, this setting is enabled so that email addresses captured through the Attentive sign-up unit are forwarded to your Omnisend account.
- Click Set up integration. Your Omnisend account is now connected to Attentive.
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Omnisend integration.