1. Will I be charged for both incoming and outgoing messages?
Yes, we bill for all messages that are sent and received by your subscribers.
2. Will I be charged extra for using emoji?
Maybe. Using emoji in a message reduces the number of characters you have from 160 to 70. You can always see how many messages you are being billed for in the message composition flow where it indicates that your message is "X MMS + Y SMS".
3. Will I be charged extra for messages that are over 160 characters?
Yes. Messages over 160 characters (assuming you are not using special characters) count as additional SMS. For example, a message that has an image and is 200 characters would count as 1 MMS + 1 SMS. You can always see how many messages you are being billed for in the message composition flow where it says your message is "X MMS + Y SMS".
4. Does my shortcode and/or base fee count towards my quarterly commitment?
Yes, all parts of your invoice count towards your minimum commitment.
5. How can I view my spending and message counts?
There are two new reports available on the Reports dashboard:
Billable Spend: lists all messages sent and received over the reporting period, along with the costs to send each message and the carrier fee charges incurred for that message.
Message Details: breaks down message counts over the reporting period by message type and date.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to activate these reports.
6. How many messages will I be charged for?
See SMS message lengths for more information.
7. Who do I contact with questions about my invoice?
Email our finance team at email@example.com.
Finance can also help with:
- Changing the email address to which invoices are sent
- Setting up autopay?