With this integration, you can pass email addresses and phone numbers of subscribers collected through the Attentive sign-up unit to Eloqua. If the subscriber exists in the Eloqua platform, Attentive updates the user’s profile with the new contact information. If the subscriber doesn’t exist in Eloqua, a new profile is created for the user with the contact information.
Here’s what we cover in this guide:
- How to set up the integration in the Attentive platform
- Optional steps to retrieve the Email ID in Eloqua
Here’s what we don’t cover in this guide:
- How to set up a Eloqua account
- How to set up an Attentive account
Set up the integration in Attentive
Complete the following procedure to set up the integration in Attentive’s platform:
- Navigate to the integrations setup page and select Eloqua.
- Enter the following details:
- Username—This is the username used to log in to your Eloqua account.
- Password—This is the password used to log in to your Eloqua account.
- Eloqua Region—Eloqua supports multiple data centers, each with a unique domain name. Eloqua refers to these as pods and there are currently six in total. Select one of the following options:
- Eloqua Client Name—This is the Company Name used to log in to your Eloqua account.
- (Optional) Edit the Trigger email send setting. This setting can trigger an automated email after a user subscribes using their email address in the Attentive sign-up unit. By default, this setting is disabled. If you enable this setting the following field appears:
- Email ID—Enter the ID of the email that you want triggered to send to the customer. See the Retrieve Email ID for triggered emails section for details.
- Name—Enter the name of the email. By default, the name is Attentive.
- Click Set up integration. Your Eloqua account is now connected to Attentive.
(Optional) Retrieve Email ID for triggered emails
If you would like to send an automated email after a user opts in to receive SMS campaigns, complete the following steps to retrieve the Email ID that is needed to set up the integration:
- Log in to your Eloqua account.
- Hover over the Email icon and select Emails.
The Emails page appears.
- Locate the email you want triggered to send to customers after they subscribe.
- Click the email name. The ID appears in the URL. For example, the following image shows an opened email and the ID is 615:
We’re here to help! Contact our White Glove team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to ask about the Attentive + Eloqua integration.